Position:Professor of Economics and Finance
Phone: (470) 578-6318
Location: BB 343
Name: Sanjoosh Akkineni
Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Science, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, India
Master’s Degree: Computer Science (Concentration in Data Analytics), Kennesaw State University
- Data Science and Analytics Graduate Intern, Equifax, 2017 – Present
- Graduate Research Assistant, Kennesaw State University, 2015-2017
- KSU Analytics Day 2018
- Computing Showcase 2016, 2017
- President - Graduate Student Association (GSA) 2016-2018, Kennesaw State University
- Treasurer - IEEE Computer Society (IEEE-CS) 2016-2017, Kennesaw State University
- Secretary - Robotics & Automation Society 2017, Kennesaw State University
- Peer Leader - International Orientation (2016-2017), Kennesaw State University
- Law Enforcement Training, Citizens Police Academy, KSU Police Department 2017
- Won 3rd Prize for Bert’s Big Adventure driving research project – KSU Analytics Day 2018
- Awarded Udacity Google Developer Scholarship 2018
- Student of the Year - Division of Student Affairs, Kennesaw State University 2017
- Graduate Student Involvement Award - International Student Association, Kennesaw State University 2017
- Golden Key International Honor Society Member
Professional Objectives: To be a data scientist with a demonstrated ability to deliver valuable insights via data analytics and advanced data-driven methods. Primary research interests are in Machine learning, algorithms for massive datasets, large scale optimization, and recommender systems. I want to work in Health Care and Government (not finite to these as I am still exploring my research interests) to build an appropriate data framework that can utilize advanced analytic means to aggregate data effectively to gain in depth insights.
Name: Md Shafiul Alam
Bachelor’s Degree: Mathematics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Master’s Degrees: Computational Mathematics, Western Kentucky University, and Applied Mathematics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
• Graduate Research Assistant, Kennesaw State University, August 2018 to present
• Teaching Assistant, Western Kentucky University, August 2016 to May 2018
• Credit Analyst, Jamuna Bank Ltd, Bangladesh, June 2012 to July 2016
Courses taught: Calculus I and II, Western Kentucky University, Fall 2016 to Spring 2018
Professional Objective: To work as a researcher in the industry or as a faculty in a university. My research focus is broadly on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
Name: Jonathan Boardman
Bachelor’s Degree: Physics, Occidental College
Master’s Degree: Applied Statistics, Kennesaw State University
• Graduate Research Assistant, Kennesaw State University, May 2017 – July 2018
• Graduate Assistant, Kennesaw State University, August 2016 – May 2017
Courses taught: MATH 1107: Introductory Statistics, Kennesaw State University, Spring 2017
• Jonathan Boardman, Kyle Biron, Ryan Rimbey; Mitigating the Effects of Class Imbalance Using SMOTE and Tomek Link Undersampling in SAS; SAS Global Forum Proceedings, 2018.
• Kyle Biron, Jonathan Boardman; Proper Preprocessing Prevents Poor Profits: Mitigating Loss Due to Credit Card Fraud Using Xgboost and SMOTE + Tomek Link Undersampling; KSU Analytics Day, 2018.
• Jonathan Boardman, Kyle Biron, Ryan Rimbey; Which Classifier is Most Robust to Class Imbalance?; KSU R Day, 2017.
• 2017-2018 Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Master of Science in Applied Statistics; KSU – College of Science and Mathematics
• Outstanding Graduate Award 2017-2018; KSU – Graduate College
• Top 8 SAS Global Forum 2018 Student Symposium Finalist
• KSU Analytics Day 2018 2nd Place Graduate Poster
• KSU R Day 2017 2nd Place Graduate Poster
Professional Objective: To work in predictive analytics, designing and implementing novel machine learning solutions to problems in science and business.