David Guerra-ZubiagaDavid Guerra-Zubiaga Assistant Professor of Mechatronics Engineering
Linh LeLinh Le Assistant Professor of Information Technology
Assistant Professor of Information Technology
Phone: (470) 578-4311
Location: J 339
Name: Shashank Hebbar
Bachelor’s Degree: Mechanical Engineering, Anna University
Master’s Degree: Industrial Engineering, North Carolina State University
- Analytics Intern, Cox Enterprises, Atlanta, GA
- Machine Learning Research Intern, SAS Institute, Cary, NC
- SAS Global Forum 2017- “Regularization techniques”
- Journal of Risk Management (Under Review)– “Borrower default trees in bipartite network” (co-author)
Professional Objective: To make the best use of my data science and machine learning skills in a corporate environment and contribute to the field of applied research.
Name: Kory Illenye
Bachelor’s Degree: Mathematics, Appalachian State University
Master’s Degree: Mathematics, Appalachian State University
• Adjunct Instructor of Mathematics and Statistics
• Appalachian State University, 2017 – 2019
• McDowell Technical Community College, 2017 – 2019
• Catawba Valley Community College, 2018 – 2019
• Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, 2018 – 2019
Courses Taught: College Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistics, and Precalculus
Publications: Co-Editor, Statistical Exploration of Climate Data
Professional Objectives: As a former instructor, I realize there is a gap when dealing with academia and industry. I intend on finding a career in industry which will allow me to assist educational institutions to close that gap while solving real world problems.
Name: Srivatsa Mallapragada
Bachelor’s Degree: Mechanical Engineering, Andhra University College of Engineering, India
Master’s Degree: Mechanical Engineering, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
• Continuous Improvement Intern, Daimler Trucks North America at Cleveland, North Carolina, USA
• Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Graduate Research Assistant, NC Motorsports and Research Laboratory
• Manufacturing Intern, Caterpillar India Pvt Ltd, Sriperambudur, India
• Mallapragada, S. (2017). Computational Investigations on the Aerodynamics of a Generic Car Model in Proximity to a Side Wall (Master’s thesis, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte).
• Uddin, M., Mallapragada, S., & Misar, A. (2018). Computational Investigations on the Aerodynamics of a Generic Car Model in Proximity to a Side-Wall (No. 2018-01-0704). SAE Technical Paper.
• Dimensionality Reduction of Hyperspectral Images for Classification, Srivatsa, M., Michael, W. & Hung, C. C. Ninth International Conference on Information ISSN: 1343-4500
• Bounds, C., Mallapragada, S., and Uddin, M., "Overset Mesh-Based Computational Investigations on the Aerodynamics of a Generic Car Model in Proximity to a Side-Wall," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 12(3):211-223, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/06-12-03-0015.
Service and Awards: Base SAS Programmer V9
Professional Objectives: I am currently working in unsupervised pattern recognition in high dimensional data sets. After I graduate, I would like to pursue a career in Data Science and Machine Learning in the corporate environment.