Herman Ray, Ph.D.
Position: Director, Center for Statistics and Analytical Research
Phone: (470) 578-2829
Location: TP 2400
Name: Lili Zhang
Bachelor’s Degree: Electronic Information Science and Technology, Central South University, China
Master’s Degree: Industrial Engineering, University of Tennessee-Knoxville
Work History: Research Associate at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China
Courses taught: STAT 8030 Programming in R, Fall 2017, Kennesaw State University
Conference and Journal Publications:
- Lili Zhang, Ying Xie and Guoliang Liu. “A Sentiment-change-driven event discovery system.” Proceedings of the International Conference on Web Intelligence, Leipzig, Germany, August 23-26, 2017, pp. 1035-1041. ACM. DOI: 10.1145/3106426.3109038
- Lili Zhang, Jennifer Priestley and Xuelei Ni. “Comparison of Bankruptcy Prediction Models with Public Records and Firmographics”. Computer Science & Information Technology: Proceedings of the International Conference on Data Mining & Knowledge Management Process, Melbourne, Australia, February 17-18, 2018, Vol 8(3), pp. 97-109. DOI: 10.5121/csit.2018.80309
- Lili Zhang, Jennifer Priestley and Xuelei Ni. “Influence of the Event Rate on Discrimination Abilities of Bankruptcy Prediction Models”. International Journal of Database Management Systems 10.1 (2018): 1-14. DOI: 10.5121/ijdms.2018.10101
- Shashank Hebbar, Lili Zhang. “Linear Model Regularization.” SAS Global Forum 2017.
- Bogdan Gadidov, Lili Zhang, Yiyun Zhou. “Reducing Traveling Times for Cobb County Fire Department.” 10th Annual Analytics Day at Kennesaw State University 2017.
- Lili Zhang. “Implementing a sentiment-change-driven event discovery system on HPCC Systems.” 2017 HPCC Systems Summit Community Day.
Professional Objective: My professional goal is to be a data scientist to generate actionable insights for various real-world problems from the data. I also would like to help young generations with my knowledge and skills. I am interested in working in both industry and academia after graduation.
Name: Shashank Hebbar
Bachelor’s Degree: Mechanical Engineering, Anna University
Master’s Degree: Industrial Engineering, North Carolina State University
- Analytics Intern, Cox Enterprises, Atlanta, GA
- Machine Learning Research Intern, SAS Institute, Cary, NC
- SAS Global Forum 2017- “Regularization techniques”
- Journal of Risk Management (Under Review)– “Borrower default trees in bipartite network” (co-author)
Professional Objective: To make the best use of my data science and machine learning skills in a corporate environment and contribute to the field of applied research.