Faculty and Students
Dr. Xiao Huang, Ph.D.
Position: Professor of Economics and Finance
Phone: (470) 578-6318
Location: BB 343
Name: Bogdan Gadidov
Bachelor’s Degree: Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
Master’s Degree: Applied Statistics, Kennesaw State University
- Adjunct Faculty, University of New Hampshire, May 2017 - Present
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Kennesaw State University, August 2013 - May 2015
- Model Validation Intern, SunTrust, May 2014 - August 2014
- Implementation Engineer, Noble Systems, July 2012 - July 2013
- Math 1111, Fall 2013, Kennesaw State University
- Math 1107, Spring 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Spring 2016, Kennesaw State University
- Data 801 Foundations of Data Analytics for the Master of Science in Analytics & Data Science program,
- Summer 2017, University of New Hampshire (UNH)
- 3 online courses in Graduate Certificate in Data Science program offered at UNH, Spring 2018Data 800 (Introduction to Analytical Statistics)
- Data 820 (Programming for Data Science)
- Data 822 (Data Mining and Predictive Modeling)
- Gadidov B., & Priestley J. L. (2018). Does Yelp matter? Analyzing (and guide to using) ratings for a quick serve restaurant chain. In Srinivasan S. (Eds.), Studies in Big Data: Vol. 26. Guide to big data applications (pp. 503-522). Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-53817-4_19
- Gadidov, B., Le, Linh. (2018, April). A case study of mining social media data for disaster relief: Hurricane Irma. Paper presented at SAS Global Forum 2018, Denver, CO. Retrieved from here.
- Gadidov, B., Zhang, L., & Zhou, Y. (2017, September). Reducing traveling times for the Cobb County Fire Department. Poster session presented at SAS Analytics Experience 2017, Washington, DC.
- Gadidov, B., & Ray, H. E. (2017, April). Analyzing residuals in a PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC model. Paper presented at SAS Global Forum 2017, Orlando, FL. Retrieved from here.
- Gadidov, B., & McBurnett, B. (2015, September). Population stability and model performance metrics replication for business model at SunTrust Bank. Paper presented at SouthEast SAS Users Group 2015, Savannah, GA. Retrieved from here.
Service and Awards: SAS Analytics Student Poster Competition, October 2014; Recognized as one of six SAS Analytics Student Poster winners.
Professional Objective: My short term goal after completing my studies would be to apply my knowledge in a data science team in an industry setting. My longer term goal is to have a faculty position at a university to continue teaching.